Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Viewing pdf and images within M.App Enterprise workflow form

In M.App Enterprise 16.1,

I am using a workflow form, and I have 2 questions:

The First: I have a column (type:bytea) in the database table inwhich I stored a pdf in it, 

In that form when I click on 'download' button it gives a message prompting the user either to open or download as follows

o or s.PNG

but both choices don't work,

Is there any attibute I should fill first?

The Second question:

I have another column (type: bytea) that stores image, and I want to view it in the workflow form so I choosed Image widget and set its datatype to binary but the image does not appear.

Final Note:

I opened both the pdf and the image from an external program accessing the database and they are appearing well, it means they are stored correctly.

Best Regards

Khaled

Staff

Re: Viewing pdf and images within M.App Enterprise workflow form

Hi Khaled,

please always provide the configuration you are using and for which you get problems. 

About question 1 have you followed this tutorial? There are discussions here and here too.

About question 2 there is a discussion here. It should be possible to show the image from a blob in the DB too, but I cannot find a sample at the moment.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Re: Viewing pdf and images within M.App Enterprise workflow form

Hi Stefano, 

attached my configuration.

Thanks

Khaled

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.