Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Workflow - RowAction image not showing

Hello,

In MAE Workflow I made a list having 3 row action (zoom to item in map, edit, delete), I followed the instructions given in this message but them don't work for me:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/M-App-Enterprise/Workflow-RowAction/m-p/9531#M165

I used the value "ig-icon-download" as image value but I still get the ^ icon for each of my 3 buttons.

I also tried lots of diffrent combination and names of the icons I found on the server in ~:\Program Files\Hexagon\M.App Enterprise\Workflows\Content\Css\ig\default\img\icons  but with no luck.

Could you give me some advice to figure out this issue?

Best Regards

Massimiliano

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Workflow - RowAction image not showing

Hi Massimialano,

What does your FormAction look like? Here is an example of the xml of a working row action image for the download icon.

<FormAction name="Download" editable="true" visible="true" action="SCRIPT[SC.Media.downloadAndOpen(IG.createFieldDownloadUrl({id:{ROW.ID1}, form:'EditCrimeForm', fieldName:'EVT_RIN'}))]" type="row" image="ig-icon-download" />

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you sclow!

in the xml I found these values (I made some tries with single and double quote):

...  image="&quot;ig-icon-download&quot;" ...

...  image="'ig-icon-download'" ...

I removed the single quotes and &quot;:

image="ig-icon-download"

And now it works, thank you!

Monday I'll try with a custom icon, I'll let you know ...

Staff

Ah ok, I think perhaps you had placed the value in double quotes in the Workflow Editor GUI. Automatically we add the double quotes for parameter values as it converts to .xml so it created a case of double double quotes which created the confusion.

I have never tried to use custom icons so I am curious for your case.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I misunderstood the example and I placed the value in double quotes in the Workflow Editor GUI, my bad.

Today I tried a custom icon, I made a sligthly modified copy of new.png and new-hover.png renaming them test.png and test-hover.png, unfortunatly it doesn't work.

Staff

Hi Massimialano,

Did you add the custom icon via custom style in the workflow so that the .css definition is registered/added?

I haven't investigated the custom icons in MAE before, but I do know it takes more than just placing images in the default folder and using the names as image parameter.

I found the old workflow from GeoMedia Smart Client (GMSC) here and in most cases these things apply as well to MAE. Unfortunately in this case, the workflow still applies to GMSC but I was unable to get it working with MAE. At this point I'm not certain if custom icons were implemented for MAE, but I will try to get confirmation on that.

Occasional Contributor

Hi sclow,

I am optimistic and I tried the simple way without adding the custom style, I'll wait for your confirmation if custom icons are implemented for MAE or not.

Thank you!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.