Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

create gauge widget

[ Edited ]

I am trying to make a gauge widget, I want to display the results of the formula "total feature / population) * 100,000", i have population data per province, how to make widget gauge displays results with populations per province but when provinces not as a filter the results show is the country population as a total.

fyi i have 17,517 feature

258,705,000 total country population

and have total population per province is variative

the results of the formula will show the calculation of the risk of crime cases per 100,000 residents

Thanks

regards

Staff

Re: create gauge widget

[ Edited ]

Hi PancalR,

You may use your formula and some Javascript to create a Functional Attribute (FA) to your feature data.

With that in place you can create the gauge chart based on the FA.

There are several examples provided in the Analyzer View including Population Density, which perhaps could be used as a template for your specific case.

functionalAttr.PNG

gauge.PNG

HTH

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Sclow

yes i already create a functional attribute, but the issue is that the results of calculations on functional attributes are only limited to the new columns added in the feature data, and configuration of the additional chart in the type gauge calculation is limited to average, sum, and percent of sum.

but the results I want are the calculations that actually involve the master population in the different table data, in my feature data there are population data per province in each row resulting from the join table.

I have no idea how to produce the right formulation.

the formula is simple only (total report or number of records / total population) * 100000

the desired results can show the results of the formula for the entire population in Indonesia, and if one of the provinces is used as a filter divider will use the provincial population data

what I have tried the results is appropriate if the filters of a province are selected, but the results are not suitable when the province is not filtered or the population as a whole

what has been tried using an approach like the picture below

gauge2.PNG

gauge1.PNG

Thanks

Regards

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Sclow

Thank for your reply

yes i already create a functional attribute, but the issue is that the results of calculations on functional attributes are only limited to the new columns added in the feature data, and configuration of the additional chart in the type gauge calculation is limited to average, sum, and percent of sum.

but the results I want are the calculations that actually involve the master population in the different table data, in my feature data there are population data per province in each row resulting from the join table.

I have no idea how to produce the right formulation.

the formula is simple only (total report or number of records / total population) * 100000

the desired results can show the results of the formula for the entire population in Indonesia, and if one of the provinces is used as a filter divider will use the provincial population data

what I have tried the results is appropriate if the filters of a province are selected, but the results are not suitable when the province is not filtered or the population as a whole

what has been tried using an approach like the picture below

gauge2.PNG

gauge1.PNG

Thanks

Regards

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.