Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

failure sending email

Hi Community,

I got Failure sending email error when I was creating users in M.App Enterprise. Attached is the screenshot of error log. I cannot able to create users account. 

Could anyone suggest me how to fix the error? May I know how to modify/change the smtp setup?

Thanks,

Su May 

Staff

Re: failure sending email

[ Edited ]

Hi Su May,

You can check the smtp settings in the web.config file in the MApp Enterprise home folder - see below settings for my demo machine. I have blanked out some of the settings. ;-)

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp from="jonathan.branagh@hexagongeospatial.com">
<network host="mail.[xxxxxxxxx].com" port="587" userName="[xxxxxxxx]\jbranagh" password="xxxxxxxxxxxx" enableSsl="true" />
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

Was it working previously? Maybe you configured it a while ago and since then your email server has made you change password due to security policy?

Hope that helps...

Jonny.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: failure sending email

[ Edited ]

Hi Jonny, 

Thank you very much. It works now after I changed the host, port and userName according to you. I thought it is because I changed the email password. At first it didn't work even after I changed the password in web.config.

My smtp configuration was as per below which worked previously before I change the email password.

<network host="webmail.xxxx.com" port="25" userName="sumay.oo" password="xxxx" />

Thank you,

Su May Oo

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.