Smart M.App discussions

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Converting shapefile to raster in spatial modeler

Hi,

I am trying to convert feature to raster by using Convert to Raster operator.

The result is blank.

Could you help me please?

Thank in advanced.

Silineoriginal.png

Technical Evangelist

Re: Converting shapefile to raster in spatial modeler

Dear Siline,

Sounds like a projection issue. Could you please try to reproject your feature to UTM WGS 84, for example, and try to run again to check if this will provide correct result? 

Kind Regards,

Marina Vardovska

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dear Marina,

Thank you very much. 

It works correctly, when i changed to UTM WGS 84. 

I used ArcMap for reprojection. Could please tell me which reciepe's operator to reproject shapefile? 

However, for the Australian Projection: GDA_1994_MGA_Zone_54, the result is blank and wrong location.  I have tried to reproject again, but the same result. 

Best regards,

Siline

Technical Evangelist

Dear Siline, 

Coordinate Transformation operator can reproject the shapefile, BUT currently it is not available, developers are working on it and, as it needs some additional functionality on server side, so it will be available next release (most likely the end of this month). You can test it in IMAGINE.

Regarding the issue with projections, data can't be displayed in Smart M.App environment if it has no defined EPSG code. But appeared to be that even if defined, some of projections are not properly catalogued. Therefore, could you please attach here or send in private message the shapefiles with different projections that gives you blank result or wrong location. I will send data to developers, so they can work on this issue.

Also I will test myself, what is the problem with reprojected from Australian Projection data.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Marina Vardovska

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska