Smart M.App discussions

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Display of GeoJson does not work

Hi guys,

I am still struggling heavily with the vector support of Smart M.App. This means I am not able to display our vector data with a M.App.

The data I am using are shape files that have been converted to geojson using QGIS and or OGR2OGR based on EPSG:4326. The BI Map has been created successfully. The chart(s) based on the GeoJson do display fine. The Geojson gets also listed in the layer content, but the vector information is not displayed ontop of the map area. If you toggle the visibility of the vector layer layer you are able to see the objects of the existing geojson. The show up for for roughly half a second before they disapear again. If you look at the vectors for this short time they are displayed in grey but not color-coded.

Any idea what goes wrong? How do you create your GeoJson files?

Cheers

Fritz

Geography is what geographers do...
Technical Evangelist

Re: Display of GeoJson does not work

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your post. As Jan has mentioned in his post below if the GeoJson is validated, it is then best to provide a small sample of the GeoJson for further investigation.

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Fritz

Can you try to paste your GeoJSON into this online tool? http://geojson.io

Do you see the data there?

You could also put here some small portion of the file here, say onyl 2-3 geometries, file header and footer. We could then try and see the problem.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

task for the nice link Smiley Wink. I just tried the GeoJson and it shows up just fine. I have also uploaded it on our file transfer. So you might try to add it to a Smart M.App yourself:

https://transfer.geosystems.de/index.php/s/iUaC9rMqe7XxTXT

Cheers

Fritz

Technical Evangelist

Thanks for the file. I have tested it in my M.App Studio and I could reproduce the same issue. The GeoJSON file just flickers briefly when changing layer transparency (both in Firefox and IE11).

I'd suggest you now to log an SR for that. Please also provide few configuration basics in the SR description.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Hello Fritz,

I analyzed the GeoJSON file deeper since yesterday and finally was able to make it working

• I had to modify the primary keys because the BI layer has some problems if they are not integer. I forwarded this to our development for further analysis. Therefore I hard-coded integer numbers for OBJID attributes
  • The BI layer is quite sensitive to the DIMENSIONS and MEASURES definition. One must be very careful when using it otherwise the BI application will broke. That was actually our case when our map just flashed instead of displaying.

These are the settings I used for the sample map below. I haven’t created any charts yet but it should be possible to carefully add them using other dimension/measures defininition.

Dimensions and Measures

PRIMARY KEY: OBJID

COLOR: Predefined (last one)

DIMENSIONS: attribute OBJID, name ObjID

MEASURES: Sum of AREA_KM2, name Area_KM2 - because this is a single attribute it will make a summary of a single value per each feature

TOOLTIP: BEZ_KRZ, AREA_KM2

Map Attributes

Dimension for map: ObjID

Measure for map: Area_KM2

No legend or title, no charts

BIMap.jpg

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Jan,

thanks for your help. So this should at least enable us to get the M.App up and running. 

Cheers

Fritz