11-29-2016 09:47 PM
I have created a WFS from GeoMedia Webmap to use in a Smart M.App BI map. The polygon features in GeoMedia display correctly (see attachment - GeomediaPolygons.jpg).
When I put the WFS into a Smart M.App, the polygons display incorrectly (see attachment - geojsonpolygon.jpg). Is there a limitation or a bug?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-30-2016 12:33 AM
Can you check validity and correct connectivity of the data in GeoMedia?
Also, can you try to save the GeoJSON output from WFS and display it here? http://geojson.io/
That would clarify if the problem is on WebMap or SMAPP side.
11-30-2016 04:56 PM - edited 11-30-2016 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Jan,
I did both tests:
First, got the geojson response from the WFS and put it into geojson.io - result is same/similar to Smart MApps see attached geojson-io.jpg
Second, I populated the geoworkspace from the service source metadata - result is good, see attached metadata2geomedia.jpg
11-30-2016 11:54 PM
GeoJSON standard supports only those geometries and their collections:
I don't know how is the GeoJSON interpreter made in WebMap. It should try to convert non-supported formats to standard ones but there might be a problem or bug when it comes to specific geometry types. Can you post a screenshot of GeoMedia's Geometry Information for the particular problematic geometry?
12-01-2016 08:43 AM
The first give away sign of something wrong is the actual JSON generated:
Notice that the coordinates array of the polygon geometry contains multiple arrays with the first being a single segment.
According to the spec the polygon coordinates array may contain one or more linearring arrays, with the first being the exterior boundary, and each subsequent should be interpreted as a hole. Given this representation, it's actually amazing geojson.io showed anything at all.
The problem here is a bug in WebMap's GeoJSON exporter mishandling CompositePolygonGeometry that is used to represent the features' geometries. Tips to Jan for pointing out a screenshot of the Geometry Info dialog from GeoMedia would be useful here