Smart M.App discussions

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Multiple folders with the same name not accessible through web interface

I've noticed that it's possible to create multiple folders with the same name in a folder using

https://mapp.hexagongeospatial.com/api/v1/datasetops/folder 

{
   "name":"Deutsch",
   "description":"Deutsch",
   "parentId":"<someParentId>"
}

When I use https://mapp.hexagongeospatial.com/api/v1/search.json I get multiple results with different id's but the same name.

When I use the M.App Chest webinterface however there's only 1 instance visible, so I cannot manage these folders except through scripting.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Multiple folders with the same name not accessible through web interface

[ Edited ]

Hi Arjen,

When I create a folder in M.App Chest it actually uses different endpoint: https://mapp.hexagongeospatial.com/api/v1/folders

POST body:

{
   "name": "FolderName",
   "title": "FolderName",
"description": "Item Description", "parent": { "id":"e18b0308-47c3-42ef-a9a9-fabf56ceda19_2c9180815308d44e01530e7a7b090189" } }

Please try with above.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

oh, this is unexpted :-) Now I can create a folder, put an image in it, retrieve the image. All successfully. Except neither the folder nor the image are visible in M.App Chest???

Frequent Contributor

ah yes, apparently the title isn't stored somehow, so now I've got items in my chest without a title that won't display

Technical Evangelist

Hello Arjen. It sounds like Jan has already provided you with the necessary information, but I'm not sure if you're still having problems. I apologize for the documentation pointing you to /api/v1/datasetopts/folder, that is an older API that should no longer be used. I'll file an appropriate bug report to remove it, both from the software and from the documentation, and add the new API to the documentation. 

As you've probably noticed, the catalog items have both name and title attributes. We use title exclusively in M.App Chest, what you see as the name/title of an item is the title attribute, and that is what you can edit in the Properties panel. I'm not sure what would happen with items that have no title, but I can try out that workflow and look into it if you're still having problems. The items will need a title for them to display properly in M.App Chest though.

Let us know if you're still having problems.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jan,

I notice that the return code of the POST folders/ is a JSON string that still needs to be parsed. That is not consistent behaviour with the other API calls