Smart M.App discussions

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Parts of Smart M.App code are deleted when saving

Hello everybody,

Since I've been working in the M.App Studio I have experienced that, all of a sudden, (large parts of) my project can get lost. 

Today it was worse than ever - I've been trying to save my M.App for about an hour now, using backups and clones, and each time I save my project the recipe panel and BI map panel disappear.

I don't know if it is because of my computer (I tried restarting it, putting it on and off, cleaning my browser memory, etc) or if anything can be done about it by the developers of the M.App Studio. Are there more people who experience this every now and then? 

Kind regards,

Vincent

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Parts of Smart M.App code are deleted when saving

Hi Vincent,

Do you still suffer this problem? It could be related to cookies / session information. I wonder if this would be reproducible in Anonymous mode or different browser.

BTW: I noticed that if I'm too long on the BI Wizard, configuring widgets and then leaving it for some time, the session probably expires and the BI panel is not saved. I don't know the exact session expiry policies but it's likely wise to save the BI configuration few times during the work.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Parts of Smart M.App code are deleted when saving

Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I don't suffer from the problem anymore. It wasn't a problem on my side, I believe it had to do with some problems with the studio itself. 

As you say it would be wise for everyone to save the BI configuration often during work. 

Again, thanks for your help though. 

Regards,

Vincent