Smart M.App discussions

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Smart M.App

Dear Community,

Is the term Smart M.App an acroynm? And if so what does it stand for in full?

Regards,

Lilly.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Smart M.App

Hi Lilly,

A bit of a philosophical question Smiley Happy From my understanding it's not an acronym but rather a word-play. A merge of Maps and Apps.

Best Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. I had a heated discussion with some colleagues on this particular question so i had to get to the bottom of it.

Some colleagues clain that;

Smart M.App in full stands for Smart Mobile Application - so i was looking for clarification

Lilly Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Smart Mapping Application(s) is probably a better meaning behind Smart M.Apps.  

Highlighted
Staff

Guys, this is not an acronym. As Jan states it's a combination of map and app words, which is exactly what Smart M.Apps are about. Smart M.Apps are lighweight applications that solve a distinct business problem. Smart M.App is not just a map, it's an app Smiley Happy. This is the root of how the name was created.

Marek Brylski
Product Line Director, WebGIS, Smart M.App

marek.brylski@hexagongeospatial.com