Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can't remove Open Street Map and add custom WMS

I’m having problems trying to disable OpenStreet Map and adding a custom WMS.

In the Milan course, as far as i remember, when creating the VectorSet, we added OpenStreet Map, but now, seems that OpenStreet Map is inherited by default and i have been unable to unload it.

And even trying to add a WMS service, i can add it, but not see it...

I’ve checked GeoServices, added a personal one (IGN_Mapbase) but no way to remove Open Street Map (right...)

But when i goto the FeatureAnalyzer, i can add my WMS service or even in Custom Tab, but can't see them in the map.

I’ve checked the LayerName with the service and is ok...

But i’m unable to make it visible to the feature analyzer view... or to disable OpenStreet Map...

Some idea, how to disable “default” OpenStreet Map, or to make custom WMS layers visible over the OpenStreet Map?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't remove Open Street Map and add custom WMS

Hello Borja,

the layername in your WMS is "IGNBaseTodo". "Callejero" is just the displayname. The layername is needed as the unique identifier here. Displayname is just for vizualisation. You can check the WMS definition in the GetCapabilities document: http://www.ign.es/wms-inspire/ign-base?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS

callejero.PNG

Kind regards,

Sven

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yeah thx, that is a good point, my fault to trust in the layername i've got from the site... but anyway i can't disable de OpenStreet Map, no?

I've fixed the layer name according to the Capabilities, but anyway keeps undisplayed... 

B.

Frequent Contributor

I dont think you can disable the OSM map. But for me your WMS works if I add it to my FA and it is covering the OSM map perfectly, so no need to deactivate it.

What browser are you using? Can you analyze your developer tools console while adding the service or trying to display it?

Occasional Contributor

Sure, well let's go step by step:

Mapp Studio - Geoservices - Adding reference to my WMS:

WMS layers.png

This is what i got, that's why i thought Callejero WAS the layer name... so here I selected Callejero and image/png format, right?

Once in the FA:

FA WMS add.png

This is what i've got. I tried yesterday with Callejero on Layer Name and Display Name, and now with IGNBaseTodo.

When i click Apply in the console i've got a msg:

FA WMS error console.PNG

This can be the problem? 

As you added to your FA, what did u do different to me?

B.

Frequent Contributor

First of all, I didnt have to register the WMS as a Geoservice in studio. Its enough to just configure it in your FA.

In the FA try to put only the endpoint of the service as Service-URL: https://www.ign.es/wms-inspire/ign-base?

Occasional Contributor

Well. could not remove OSM, but btw i could overlap a WMS image!

Thank you very much!!

B.

Staff

Hi yopifaklo,

OSM cannot be removed but you can add a WMS layer on top of it.

Are you specifying the 'GetCapabilities' for the WMS as the URL?

To get to the WMS only the endpoint URL is necessary as Analyzer View will use that and the Layer Name to build the GetMap request.

Below is a screenshot of a WMS I use with the Endpoint URL specified along with Layer Name

WMSURL.PNG

You may also montior the Console (f12 most browsers) to see what request is being sent and any error information that is pertinent and could give clue on what is failing here and how to resolve.

HTH

Staff

"OSM cannot be removed but you can add a WMS layer on top of it."

@sclow --> Is it planned to implemet the possibility to remove OSM? Or should i make a post on the ideation board for that?

Staff

Hi lammann1,

This idea has already been considered and you can see the discussion on the Product Ideas page

Currently it is set to 'Targeted for an upcoming release'

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.