Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Drag & Drop Files To M.App Chest - From Smart M.App (Recipe Panel)

Hello everybody,

My goal is to implement drag&drop-functionality in the Smart M.App I am working on. A recipe uses input files (an .shp-file and an .img-file) to generate output, which is shown in a BI Map. The last part works fine. 
The technology already supports drag&drop of files. See this screenshot:

dragdrop_screenshot_volume.jpg

However, only after a user has uploaded a shapefile to the M.App Chest, he or she can select a file. For the users of my M.App I would like to get rid of the need to go to the Chest before being able to use the M.App. Since the M.App should be easy to use, the following would be useful: if a user drags&drops a file, the file is automatically uploaded to the Chest, and the file is selected. 

Here are some screenshots of a M.App (made by someone else) who does exactly what I mean. A file is 'dropped', and the file processing is immediately executed. The file is sent to the Chest, and 'selected' as input. 

dragdrop_screenshot_1.jpg
dragdrop_screenshot_2.jpgdragdrop_screenshot_3.jpgdragdrop_screenshot_4.jpgdragdrop_screenshot_5.jpg

Now my question is: 
Does anyone have any reference about uploading a file to the Chest when a file is 'dropped', or any similar experiences with Drag&Drop in a Smart M.App? And how to detect when a file is dropped in a recipe panel? 

Kind regards
Vincent Klerkx
Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.