Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Feature Analyzer - Zoom to Feature

Hi everyone, 

is there any way to zoom to features on the map after setting filters?

For example:

I am doing a Test Search and the record is applied to the map as a filter --> only the filtered record(s) are visible in the map, like this:

Unbenannt.JPG

And now after or while the filter is applied, the map should zoom in to this feature.

Thanks and regards

Steffi

Frequent Contributor

Re: Feature Analyzer - Zoom to Feature

Hi Steffi,

are you looking for a solution to do this with the default FA tools or do you want to do this programmatically?

I can't think of or find any way to do this in the default UI of the FA but I think it would certainly be a very helpful addition to it to have some kind of "Fit All" button. If you can file this as a product idea I would put all the HexPoints I have to support it ;-)

Regards,

Sven

Occasional Contributor

Hi Sven, 

default would be definitley better.

But for now if you know a way to do this programmatically I would be grateful for every suggestion.

You can find the Link to the Product Idea here:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Feature-Analyzer-Button-Zoom-to-Features-Fit...

Thanks and regards 

Steffi

Frequent Contributor

Hi Steffi,

I can't really help you achieving this programmatically since I ve never really worked with the map object of the FA or the analyzer API. Also it is rather complicated to customize a Feature Analyzer view because you can t implement custom code for it directly in M.App Studio. You have to create a custom panel next to an analyzer panel, implement code in the custom panel and make it hide itself in the code.

Maybe someone else can help, I think accessing the map object and manipulate the bounding box should be similar to the procedure you would use in a map or bi view.

Regards,

Sven

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Steffi,

The latest version of the Analyzer products has a fit all button. See attached screenshot. The fit all button is located @ the lower right side of the screen.

If you're using M.App Enterprise, you'll need to update to 16.1 SP2.

Hope all is well,

Dave

Technical Evangelist

Further Dave Comment:

The next release of the Analyzer Suite (due out shortly) will include addtional functionality for locating single features. Namely, we have enhanced the Data Table chart. To enable the geometry locate functionality, create a Data Table chart, then click the Enable geometry locate checkbox in the data table configuration:

Untitled1.png 

Once the Apply button is clicked, you will see a marker icon in each row of your data table:

Untitled2.png

Clicking the marker will fit the map to the selected row.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.