Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

M.App Chest: File-size limit?

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I just wanted to upload a 7GB ecw file to M.App Chest. The idea is to setup a WMS and WMTS service. But I am not able to upload the file. As soon I as selected it the entry get stroked and I am not able to click on the upload button. Just have a look at the following screenshot:

2017-05-24 13_31_56-M.App Chest.png

So it seems that there is an upload file-size limit. I have been able to upload a smaller file (2GB) with same properties. If there is a limt is there another way to tile the file and still access the virtual moasic via the WMS and WMTS service?

Any help is more than welcome.

Thanks

Fritz

Geography is what geographers do...
Contributor

Re: M.App Chest: File-size limit?

Hi there,

a short update from my side:

there is an upload limit. Right now a single file must not exceed the size of 5GB due to a S3 limitation. For files bigger than 5GB chunked uploads need to be used. Chunked uploads from M.App Chest or any web client are possible, but they are not implemented in M.App Chest yet.

The workaround: Upload the file on a S3 hosted on us-west-1 and use the standard upload API from the API Console to copy and register the dataset.

Cheers

Fritz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

In case anyone reads this post and misses the recent announcement, M.App Chest (and the /uploads API) now supports uploading single files greater than 5GB.

Contributor

Paul,

thanks for the fix!

Cheers

Fritz

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.