Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

M.App Chest - How to load a WMS service from M.App Chest in QGIS

[ Edited ]

Dear Community,

I upload an ECW file to M.App Chest and published this file in M.App Chest. I copied the link and put it into QGIS. See below screenshot

ConfigChestWMS.png

After this step I connect to the Service and I can select the image I did publish :

LoadWMSLayer.png

Now I click on "Add" and the following authentification error occurs (I've put my M.App Exchange login information as login) :

error.png

Does somebody know how to use M.App Chest WMS services in QGIS?

Thank You,

Wim

Technical Evangelist

Re: M.App Chest - How to load a WMS service from M.App Chest in QGIS

Hi Wim,

apiKey parameter is required each time you send a request to your WMS. Try then to check Ignore GetMap and GetFeatureInfo URI options:

Untitled.png

This option worked for me. You need either to reconnect to the WMS (not sure if it's possible in QGIS) or just restart the application.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Jan,

Thank you for you comment. I tested your solution and just partly works. The service is loaded, but on every zoom or panning action, it still asks for authentification like the third screenshot in my first post. It is possible to push "cancel" and the new screen is loaded. This is however very user unfriendly to click on every action on a cancel button.

Thank You,

Wim

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Wim,

Do not use username and password as those inputs are ignored by the WMS service. This service is secured only by the parameter apiKey which is automatically assigned each time you sign-in to Smart M.Apps environment. Actually the WMS service from M.App Chest is optimized to work on SMAPPs platform and thus it might be harder to connect to it even if you got the public WMS link. The non-standard apiKey parameter must be always supplied by the 3rd party software.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.