Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Polygon borders M.App Studio

Hi All,

I have created a choropleth map in M.App Studio - however the default border colour is white. Is there a way to change the border colour? When I zoom out, the polygons become difficult to see.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nastassia

Staff

Re: Polygon borders M.App Studio

Hi Nastassia,

On the GUI there is not a way to change this polygon border color.

When the zoom out comes this border should be clear though. Is that not the case for you?

Can you screenshot what you mean when you say 'polygons become difficult to see'? It would be good visual and perhaps example of where/why the white border can be problematic.

Contributor

Hi Sclow,

Thanks for the reply.

The white borders are problematic because when they are used without a base image, the polygons don't appear to be connected (it looks like there are gaps between them and the look "unsnapped") which is not a true representation of the geometry (screenshot 1).

When one zooms out, the white border overpowers the polygons and thus only a few are visisble when viewing the extent of the data (screenshot 2). If one was able to change the border colour to match the polygon colour, I think visualisation would be better. 

Thanks again for your assistance.

Nastassia

Technical Evangelist

I don't think the border ever became transparent from farther zoom levels. If I recall correctly, it was always white.

I re-tested the solution posted here, but unfortunately I can confirm it doesn't work in Smart M.Apps.

Hopefully @pszrajber could have a hint?

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi All,

Once I created a code snippet for a similar request:

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/pszrajbe/yebnj4/smart-mapp-disable-white-stroke-in-the

Please just put the code from the snippet in the JS editor and save.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.