Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problems uploading tif files to map chest

Hi,

I've got some problems uploading files to m.app chest. When trying to upload a Tif file a  mesage apears that there is an error occuring while processing the uploaded files but no further information.

Does anyone has same problems? Regarding the documentation Tiff files are support. I also added the tfw for the upload and also created a tiff including the geoinformation directly.  Any further ideas?

Best regards,

Rene

Staff

Re: Problems uploading tif files to map chest

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your post. An error in processing likely indicates the reader is not recognizing the geospatial information contained in the header of the .tif. The EPSG information will be read directly from the raster file during the upload process. Can you please clarify what coordinate system the .tif is referencing (EPSG # if you know it)? Also in a case like this it is a good idea to provide a sample file.

Staff

Hi Rene,
is this geotiff file with geotie information inside? What is coordinate system?
What moment do you receive an error message? At the end of upload or any other momnet?
tfw file doesn't contain information about coordinate system, only information about placement of file. It maint be a problem.

BR
Tomasz

New Contributor

Hi Thomasz, hi Sclow,

thanks for anwsering so fast. The error was occuring at the end of the uploading process. So I was checking the coordinate system and as both of you assumed the coordinate system was not set properly. So I change to EPSG 25832 and tried the upload again.

This time without any error message occuring.

Maybe the error messaging could be improved in m.app chest to get a clue what problem the uploaded file has.

Thank again,

Rene

Staff

The area of improving feedback/error messaging has been identified as one in which the team is working on improving. This is a work in progress but will be an area of focus.

Currently and specifically in a case like the one you have presented here the error will either be 'uploading' (less likely) or 'processing' as you mentioned in your description of the issue. In the case of 'processing' it is very likely related to reading/processing the geospatial information within the uploaded files.

Glad to hear this is working now for you and thank you for the update.

Staff

I would like to add sugestion on this topic. If this is matter of csr them let's give operator chance to select or input EPSG in textbox. If someone has tiff with world file and no possibility to convert to geotif then there is no possibility to feed mapchest.
BR
T.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.