Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Questions about IGNITE

Hello,

I am new here so I apologize if this is the improper place to put this, but this seemed to be the best place.

I have some questions about the IGNITE program that has just opened up for submission:

• For our ideas and submissions, do they have to be targeted towards businesses and government or can it be for the consumer market?
  • What are some specific guidelines for the ideas we submit?
  • Will there be a first, second, third place for each category, or for all categories?
  • Are we allowed to submit multiple ideas?
  • If multiple people have the same or similar ideas and submit them, can we collaborate together?

I’m excited about the competition and I have already been thinking of a bunch of ideas for it, so I’m hoping that I can narrow down which ones to submit.

Thank you very much for your time.

Staff

Re: Questions about IGNITE

Hi Papilio

Thank you for your interest in IGNITE! Very soon we will have a website up to answer all of your questions. Until then, let me cover these one by one:

1. "For our ideas and submissions, do they have to be targeted towards businesses and government or can it be for the consumer market?"

Your idea can be targeted towards, business, government, or consumers. The important thing is that your idea focuses on one of the key themes that Hexagon believes are important to the future of our Earth and sustainability of our society. Below are the six key themes:

• Finance
  • Food
  • Safety
  • Infrastructure
  • Health
  • Conservation

2. What are some specific guidelines for the ideas we submit?

Competition Guidelines will be fully detailed on the IGNITE website, which will be available in a matter of days.

3. Will there be a first, second, third place for each category, or for all categories?

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize for all categories (not each category).

From all Business Plans submitted to IGNITE, 20 Finalists will be selected and announced at HxGN LIVE Anaheim in June 2016. All finalists have the chance to win up to $100,000 in cash prizes.

• 1st Place: $100K
  • 2nd Place: $50K
  • 3rd Place: $25K

Remaining 17 finalists will receive $5,000 prizes for their creation.

4. Are we allowed to submit multiple ideas?

Participating individuals may submit one business plan (entry) per Theme.

5. If multiple people have the same or similar ideas and submit them, can we collaborate together?

For the purposes of this competition, each business plan submitted to the competition is associated with only one individual Point of Contact (POC). However, you as an individual or organization may be in collaboration with other entities, behind the scenes.

Hope this helps,

Amy

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Questions about IGNITE

[ Edited ]

The website is now available: IGNITE. Please find all details there.

All the best for the competition.

Thomas Anzinger
Community Manager
thomas.anzinger@hexagongeospatial.com
Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.