Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

This simple model crashes for some reason (in Erdas IMAGINE it runs fine)

[ Edited ]

I was trying to upload a set of features and run it through a much more complex flow of operators. The model in question was running just fine in Erdas IMAGINE, but it kept crashing in the smart mapp. After removing all the complex features, leaving it as above, I noticed it keeps failing to run. Furthermore, I have another model in which I generate a shapefile and display it, and that model works just fine. Apparently the issue lies with the actual feature uploading, or feature input. So my question is: how do I manage to make this work? Thank you in advance.

Edit: I can also provide the original model, but only as an exported json, as it is quite complex and multiple pictures would be necessary to fully illustrate it.

Technical Evangelist

Re: This simple model crashes for some reason (in Erdas IMAGINE it runs fine)

I created this simple model and was able to run in Smart M.App without error.

Do you get any kind of meaningful error messgae when it fails?

Try

1. Running with a different shape file. Try a small file with a different coordinate system.
  2. It that still fails, try recreating the simple model from scratch in IMAGINE and re-upload to Spatial Workshop

Let us know what you find.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried both of those, and I get this error:

ERROR [SWF Activity  Generic 1] 2016-08-25 08:07:05,966 7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec Model execution '"C:\Program Files\Hexagon\Spatial Modeler Runtime 2016\bin\x64URelease\NCSRunModel.exe" A 7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec "C:\Windows\TEMP\7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec\7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec.gmdx" "C:\Windows\TEMP\7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec\input.json" "C:\Windows\TEMP\7fe7083d-560a-4c32-bc17-5c453a12b5ec4613728316776530535_output.json"' did not complete successfully. Exit value: 1 Message: {"Status":"Job Started"}

And, for conveninece, here is the complex model. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the feature input in this too (this model is also tested in Erdas IMAGINE, and it works flawlessly) : https://api.myjson.com/bins/3bven This one is basically a change detection wannabe.

Technical Evangelist

I get errors when I save https://api.myjson.com/bins/3bven and open in IMAGINE. Can you put the model in a zip file and attach to this thread? Thanks.

Also I want to look at your data, Can you send the small shapefile you tried? Zip up the shapefile components and attach the zip.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This should be it:

http://www.filedropper.com/altogethernogrid1331

This is the ERDAS IMAGE version (in m_app studio you can't use the preview operator, you have to use the direct outputs with port inputs for the file path, so this is the only difference between the two).

Technical Evangelist

I was able to run this without error as a Smart M.App using a very simple shapefile.

I still think Smart M.App may be having a problem with your data. Could be too many polgoons or a CRS it doesn't support.

Frequent Contributor

It does seem to work, but only with .shp files (probably the only accepted input format) , and it does not seem to actually upload a file from the computer (no errors, just infinite loading time). I can't test it however, since the recipe panel seems to have some problems now, and the code won't run. I'll make sure to update this as soon as the circumstances change.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hey,

I had the same problem here. In Erdas Imagine (2016) the model did run fine with my data. Then I run the same model within Smart M.Apps tand it give back an error.

I found out that my local projectionsystem (EPSG:28992) wasn't supported. I reprojected my data into geographic latlon (EPSG:4326) I tried to run the model again. Now my model works perfectly.

Best Regards,

Wim

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.