Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Where is my content

Hi, I am ew to Mapp studio and chest.

I create some folders, uploaded  raster and json vector tiles. I published and shared them succesfully.

I expected to see something in the content tab in the Mapp studion, however, it was empty.

Am I missing anything?

empty content.pngmapchest.png

Thanks !

Technical Evangelist

Re: Where is my content

Hi Gideon,

the content tab only displays those files which are considered to be maps, or have geographical content. The Map Chest labels each uploaded file by one of the following three types: IMAGE, for raster image, FEATURE, for vector data, can be either ShapeFile or GeoJson, and DOCUMENT, for any other file not being recognized as geographical data,

In your case the json file is marked as DOCUMENT, so that is the reason why it is not shown in the content tab (also there is no preview in the Map Chest). So check the file if it really conforms to geojson standard.

Pavel

Contributor

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your assistance.

Now I can see my Geojson file in mapchest, as wel as my raster(See a screenshot as attachment)

But still nothing is shown in content tab of Map Studio.

What else can it be?

Regards,

Gideon

Technical Evangelist

Hi Gideon,

Can you see at least anything in the Content? There should be the folder structure with ROOT at the minimum.

Untitled.png

Please also note that vector content cannot be saved in the map. Currently it only servers to BI widgets (choropleth and charts) purposes.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Hi Gideon,

also check your Map Editor content filter settings (the funnel icon). You can also try to delete web browser off-line cache content. And if nothing helps, you can also try to install another browser (Firefox).

Pavel

Contributor

Thank you all, issue was solved.

I just had to share also the folder,in addition to the dataset. Once I did it works as expected.

Happy new year

Gideon

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.