Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

new JS API for Smart M.app Studio?

[ Edited ]

Hi Team!!

some days ago, I saw a video regards to create a customized M.App application.

In that video, it shows javascript code examples and URL for external code.

I know that with native javascript or with a framework such as jQuery or another I can manage events ad more. but how can interact with geospatial data, map elements, web services... ? for to do it, We have to know a new JS API? or is it such as geospatial portal SDK (in js)? or how to works it?

I hope can help 

if is it a new API I want know where can find related documentation?

thanks and best regards!!

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: new JS API for Smart M.app Studio?

Hi David,

We are very happy to see your interest in M.App customizations!

Smart M.App customizations API follows the spirit of Geospatial Portal SDK/API. Actually for the map controls (Map & BI Map) it is amost the same as the Consumer Portal API from Geospatial Portal SDK.

There are also other API components dedicated for the cloud access and for communication between various application panels ($GP.m_app). You can find the documentation and examples in the App Studio Customization step (first item in the Examples list on the left sidebar).

Best regards

Piotr

Technical Evangelist

Technical Evangelist

Piotr a small question - is this link also present elsewhere than in this discussion topic?

Today I spent few minutes trying to find it :-)

It might be a good idea to create a KB article here on community with this link.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jan,

This link is accessible from the examples panel in the customization step of building the Smart M.App (as the first link).

Btw. I agree that this link should be a little more exposed in the customization user interface.

Technical Evangelist

Indeed. The limitation with the other link is that it is accessible only for those who already have M.App Studio subscription (which might make a sense). But it would be nice to have it in more accessible way like Portal SDK which is publicly available and easy to access using the wiki.

On the other hand I don't know whether there are intentions to make it (almost) publicly available, i.e. more visible outside of the M.App store.

Just my two eurocents :-)

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.