Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Smart M.App

Looking for answers in regards to M.Apps, M.App Exchange or M.App Studio? Smart M.App Tech Discussion board is where you can search, ask your questions and assist others by sharing your knowledge. Join the conversation, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

"Downloading dialog" doesn't disappear

[ Edited ]

Dear community,

When my Smart M.App has 'finished' loading, this 'Downloading' text keeps being displayed on top of my map, like in this screenshot:

Raster output.png

I made sure my entire code is ran through, but still it doesn't disappear. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? What is still being downloaded, and how to solve this problem? 

Regards,

Vincent

Technical Evangelist

Re: Text "Downloading" on top of map doesn't disappear

Hi Vincent,

I'm not sure from which place did this message come but you might try to check the Network tab in developer console to see if there are some unfinished or failed calls.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

Thanks again for your reply. I already checked the network tab, but couldn't find any pending requests, nor any unfinished or failed calls. When I select the span element in the page and inspect it, it says class="bi-data-upload-indicator". This suggests something is being uploaded, while the text says it's downloading. However, I'm not sure if that naming really says something.

Regards,

Vincent 

Contributor

I made progress with my M.App but I still get the "downloading" dialog. When I track the network, I can see there are two pending requests. Both are requests I don't control with my code - they are generated. Does anyone know how I can 'get to' these requests from within my code? If so, I could try to see if these pending requests are the problem and, if so, find out how to solve the problem.

Here is a screenshot:

PEnding requests.png

Regards,

Vincent

Technical Evangelist

Hi Vincent,

Can you try to open the pending URLs in another browser tab? Have you tried to clean the browser cache?

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

IRe: Text "Downloading" on top of map doesn't disappear

Hi Jan,

I found out what was the problem by comparing my current version with an old (but working) version. I provided the wrong information in the description of the legendModel (by adding functionality to the working code, I 'broke' the link). Strange thing is that the code still worked and I didn't get any error message.

For others who might have the problem in the future: make sure the url in the legendModel is the right url. In my case:

var geometryUrl_geojson = baseUrl + url_geojson_from_recipe + "?apiKey=" + APIkey;

The legendModel:

var legendModel = {
    definitionName : "MAppPlatformGeoJson",
    url : geometryUrl_geojson,
    name : "Output_shapefile",
    id : "Output_shapefile",
    bbox : boundingInfo,
    bboxCrs : "EPSG:4326",
    supportedCrses : ["EPSG:4326", "EPSG:3857"],
    style : {
         display : "thematicLayer"
    }