Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error while converting DN to radianace and ToA reflectance

[ Edited ]

Hello

I was working on Landsat image and want to change DN to radinace and surface reflectance using erdas imagine (by developing model).

However, it only works for first band (b1) and for other it brings an error that "there is a problem in line 24" like that. the line number varies with the band i used to run but the problem persists in all bands. I also i attached the screenshot for better look. 

Kindly help me on how to fix th eproblem?

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Error while converting DN to radianace and ToA reflectance

Hi sdmed,

You don't mention which type of Landsat you are trying to correct, but I would highly recommend switching over o Spatial Modeler rather than Model Maker. That way you can make use of some of the existing recipes for converting Landsat imagery. Such as:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Modeler-Tutorials/Landsat-8-Top-of-Atmosphere-Ref...

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Modeler-Tutorials/Converting-Landsat-8-Thermal-Ba...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Ian

For now am working in Landsat5 but i will still have to do for other landsat too.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Ian

Related with my previous question, I would like to get your feedback. 

I already have an ATCOR licence for atmospheric and topographic correction of lands at imagery.

And my intention was first to do a conversion of DN to radiance and then to ToA reflectance and then go to ATCOR. 

But now I feel like ATCOR may consider these conversion.

So If i am using ATCOR, do I still need to process the radiance and reflectance conversion before or the ATCOR will do it while running the atmospheric and topographic correction.?

Note that I will use the landsat from different sensor. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

That quesiton would best be answered by folks from Geosystems GmbH (they often frequent this forum and are the people who sell the ATCOR product). But if I recall correctly it's best to use the "raw" imagery complete with the header files it was delivered with.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Ian

Thank you very much for your support. Yes i will try to get more from Geosystems GmbH team but as you said doing a preprocess might introduce some potential erro and using the raw data seems reasonable as far as ATCOR is taking care of the atmspheric and topographic corrcetion which is the ultimat goal. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi sdmed,

I am one of the developers here at Geosystems who deals with ATCOR. Concerning to your question: ATCOR does the conversion from DN to reflectance during the processing, so there should be no need for preprocessing. Anyhow, if you still encounter problems with processing Landsat imagery feel free to contact our support (support@geosystems.de), we could also check your specific data if necessary. Which version of ERDAS IMAGINE and ATCOR do you use?

Best regards,

Martin Sauerbier