Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Valued Contributor

Geometric analysis of AOIs in Spatial Modeler

Dear all,

I would like to create a model to extract geometric information (coordinates of the central point ,area, ecc) from an AOI (selected in the 2D view by the user).

I need this information from the user in order to run other submodels.

I did something like this:
Capture.PNG
The operator Raster Input 2 is connected with a static image, not selected by the user. If for example the AOI of the user is somewhere in Italy, Raster Input 2  willcover all the italian territory.
It works but is a bit slow. Do you know any quicker solution?

Thank you very much
Regards
Giuseppe

Technical Evangelist

Re: Geometric analysis of AOIs in Spatial Modeler

[ Edited ]

Dear Giuseppe,

To make it process faster, you would need to use shapefile or Boundary Box as input instead of AOI. Using the AOI would just replace area out of it with NoData maintaining the raster size(height and width) and if you are using big data input, so it will be time-consuming to process.

There is a good idea that can be posted on our Ideation board: to read AOI through Features Input so that via Features Information operator you would be able to force boundary recalculation.

So if that would be appropriate for you, you can use the same approach but with an Inquire Box snapped to the AOI. You bring it to your model via Boundary Input operator or just as I did below. Then the user will be able to bring coordinates via the Inquire Box from the Viewer.

OR you can use both inquire box and AOI, not very convenient as you would need to set the extent via Inquire Box each time you wanted to run the model with a different AOI. 

2018-02-21 10_05_58-Untitled_1 - ERDAS IMAGINE 2016.png

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska
Hexagon Geospatial Support
Valued Contributor

Dear Marina,

thank you for the reply! 

I have a no port input (boundary). How can I manage the boundary? Can I convert in, in what?

Thank you very much!!

Technical Evangelist

Dear Giuseppe,

There is separate Boundary Input operator

2018-03-01 11_30_57-Untitled_1 - ERDAS IMAGINE 2016.png

As well as in Properties of Raster Input operator you can activate MapBoundary or FileBoundary input ports.

2018-03-01 11_31_54-Untitled_1 - ERDAS IMAGINE 2016.png

And then you are attaching Port Input to the one you've picked and when running your model, you can or manually specify coordinates or get from Inquire Box in the Viewer.

2018-03-01 11_35_11-MapBoundary.png

Kind Regards,
Marina Vardovska
Hexagon Geospatial Support
Valued Contributor

Thank you very much Marina!

Whit the boudary is much faster!

Giuseppe M.