Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Grid Analysis

Hello every body,

i am trying to rebuild my geomedia grid workflow of flowanalysis in spatial modeler. I got struck at creating network segmentation as in geomedia grid done with the command called segmentation.

I know that i have to use flow directions and an extracted network. Both i created in my model.

Flow.jpg

In documentation of the find watershed operator is written that the outletraster has to contains data that uniquely identifies the common flow outlets. But i have no idea to create this input in spatial modeler. So to get a proper result i have to some additional steps.

missing.jpg

Has anybody done something like this and can give me a hint?

Thanks, Ingo!

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Grid Analysis

You can identify the outlets as vector features and then convert that to a grid.

We deliver a drainage basin delineation example model with Spatial Modeler. It is called DrainageBasinDelineation.gmdx and is delivered in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Spatial Modeler\etc\models folder.

There is an associated PDF with the same name at the same location. The PDF explains the model. The model shows how to use vector features that identify the outlet locations as input. These get fed into a sub-model that converts the vector features to a raster grid, which is input into the Find Watersheds operator.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Orrin,

thanks for the reference to the example. It helped me a bit with the output of the results.

But there is no vector or raster data for the drain network availible. So I have to create it myself. With Geomedia Professional and the Geomedia Grid there is the possibility to create such a network using the command "Segmentation".

The question arises whether this step can also be mapped in the spatial modeler. Our goal is to implement the workflow "DEM to Watershed"   for the Spatial Modeler to automate it.

Thanks, Ingo.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody,

so i found no easy way to do network segmentation in spatial modeler. Finally i used python with whitebox to completely adopt the workflow to spatial modeler.

Maybe this is useful, Ingo