Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Spatial Model - Use a combobox as input?

Hi all,

I'm testing Spatial Modeler an GeoMedia interaction, and it works fine, I succesfully created a Spatial Model and execute it in GeoMedia. This model is very simple : after indicatating a city name, I spatially filter 3 feature classes to get these 3 legend entries as output

For the moment, I have used a String type for my input port, and everything is ok, but the user must enter manually the value of the city name. Is it possible through the operator to define a combobox (populated by the list of the city names)?

Regards

Benoît

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Spatial Model - Use a combobox as input?

The model looks like this

Query_Model.JPG

and the GM execution looks like this

Query_Input.JPG

The goal is to replace the text box by a combobox populated by the list of the values of the NAME attributes of a given feature class

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

It sadly is not possible.  Unfortunately the original architecture/implementation of this command (internally) makes it very problematic to get certain information from the .gmdx file up into the user interface.  This includes enumerated values / allowed-value lists, default values, and honoring the optional nature of ports.  We do hope to invest in improvements in all of these things, but sadly it is not trivial even though it seems it should be.  - Hal

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks for this answer