Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Using saved geometric model, or control points, in spatial modeler

Hi,

This is kind of following on from this thread:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-ERDAS-IMAGINE/Spatial-Modeller-Orthorectification...

Ideally, I'd like to use a saved geometric model (.gms) in Spatial Modeler but I think that's not possible. Therefore, I think the only way to do a polynomial correction is to use control points. Does anyone have a working model that does this. Or and example of the json format control point file needed as input?

Cheers,

Johnnie

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Using saved geometric model, or control points, in spatial modeler

Hi Johnnie,

At the point where you are creating and saving the geometric model can you simply geometrically calibrate the image the model is associated with? That way you don't need to bother about it - you would just use the image in Spatial Modeler and resample or not as needed?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

True, but i (customer) has multiple datasets that will use the same model, and I want to put it into a flow line. There's stuff to do both before and after the rectification.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Mmmmmm ... not sure you can have a "generic" .gms model. Such models will almost always be specifc to an image. Unless all the input  images have the same size (rows / columns) and (target) map extent? If that's the case then yes, you might be able to use a single .gms. But that seems like a very unlikely scenario - can you describe the circumstacnes where this si true for your data?

"There's stuff to do both before and after the rectification." - gemetrically calibrating the data prior to inputting it to Spatial Modeler should not prevent you from doing this. No warping would happen until you tell (or cause) it to happen in the Spatial Model.

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

The following Spatial Model may be helpful in regard to the request to use GCPs to perform orthorectification in Spatial Modeler:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Modeler-Tutorials/Orthorectify-using-Ground-Contr...

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial