Spatial Modeler Discussions

Gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

pmdl in Spatial Modeler (for HPF Resolution Merge)

[ Edited ]

Hi. I'd like to use the hpfmerge.pmdl function in Spatial Modeler. Is there any way I can do this? Ta, Johnnie

Regular Contributor

Re: pmdl in Spatial Modeler

Still not sure if this is possible - I tried using the Command Line operator but couldn't get it to work - but I've just copied the code to create a model.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Johhnie,

You cannot directly open old mdl scripts into the new Spatial Model Editor. However there is a .gmd which you could open direcotlly, save as... to a .gmdx, and modify to give the exact desired processing.  IMAGINE_HOME\etc\models\HPF_ResolutionMerge.gmd

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

Ta Ian. I thought I remembered that the pmdl was slightly different to the gmd but looking at it apparantly not. Anyhow, I now have an all singing, all dancing model that automatically selects the correct matrix and weighting factor so I'm happy! Cheers, Johnnie

Technical Evangelist

Hi Johnnie,

They should be very different. A (p)mdl is a Spatial Modelling Language (SML) script model. Whereas a .gmd is a Model Maker graphical model. Obviously the latter is based on the former, but has a lot of other stuff included to support the graphical aspects. The lack of the graphical aspects are what means you can't open a (p)mdl directly in either of the graphical editors.

A .gmdx is the new Spatial Model Editor graphical model format.

You should post your .gmdx back to the community for the benefit of all!

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

What I meant was the code in the pmdl mimicked the gmd.

I'll think about posting a slightly redacted version :-)

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here ya go.