Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Combine Attributes; order by attribute

[ Edited ]

I'm still on the hunt as to how to combine attributes. I have two shapefiles that have an ID field with values from 1 - 6.One of them goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but the other is 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 5. I can combine attributes from the two shapefiles by using add attribute by order, but they don't match the correct feature. Is there a way of ordering attributes? I've had a good look in features and tables and can't see a way...

Regular Contributor

Re: Combine Attributes; order by attribute

No? Anyone? Bueller... Bueller...

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

I'm not familiar with "Combine" in this context, so didn't feel qualified to respond.  In database terms, are you looking to do a join?  Or a union?  Operators for both of those capabilities will be coming later this year (or that's the plan), but I don't have any suggestions for you right now.  - Hal

Regular Contributor

Join would do it I think. I've two shapefiles with common ids and I want to merge the two so I can do some maths on both sets of attributes. It's almost there using the combine attributes by order - it's just I can't order the attributes so that they match up.

Regular Contributor

To make my terrible explanation of what I'm trying to do a bit clearer, here's a model. After select attributes, I want to order the attributes so that they run from ID 1 to ID last.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.