Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia Geospatial Modeler Centerline function

We would like to know more information about what we can get with Centerline Spatial Model function. I have tried with some areas and I allways get the edges of the are, I expected a line that goes thorugh middle of area. I send here the Spatial Modeler done. Any example or information of what we may spec or do will be wellcome.

Staff

Re: GeoMedia Geospatial Modeler Centerline function

Here's an example i tried with large road casement features(Area polygons), using both skeleton and centreline commands.

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Like Roland, my brief experiments with the operator have yielded reasonable results and nothing seems wrong with your model to me, Josep (not at first glance anyway).  You may consider also sending a subset of the data you are processing, in case the issue lies there.

But let me suggest that you repost this to the IMAGINE support forum.  Spatial Modeler (not GeoMedia Geospatial Modeler...they may not recognize what you're talking about ;-) contains contributions from many different Hexagon Geospatial teams.  This particular operator Create Centerline is provided by the IMAGINE team as part of their inclusion in Spatial Modeler of functionality from the IMAGINE Objective product, which provides a lot of capabilities related to identification of features from imagery.  I am not familiar with its algorithm, limitations, etc..  The folks who monitor the IMAGINE support forum will have a better chance of answering your question.  - Hal

Staff

Hal

If i Merge the dataset snaphot into larger area casement polygons , the operator fails producing rubbish. See Ticket 00026928

Small simple area feature seem to work best.

Roland

Removing the Merge, certainly produced much better results in both cases.

To me this proves that the Inside area spaces should not be processed , they
are not inside a polygon. Also it appears the size of polygon being so large is causing an issue.

In the case of the Skeleton the Merge would be necessary as it forms T junctions at intersections to form a network and thats what i really desire

Staff

I realisd that when running  this spatial modeler on Spatial Editor and Erdas Imagine I get geometry results, can be more accurate or not, but this is not the issue now. When I execute with  GeoMedia I get the same geometry as input.  There  is some tip that seems we may be aware when runing this operators on GeoMedia, but I haven't seen on documentation. 

Staff

[ Edited ]

Josep

I loaded my casement shp file into an Access database and ran the modified spatial model for GM

Yes, you are correct, i reproduced your issue. The results in GeoMedia is just a copy over the polygon lines.Not a centreline

However, the results of the query, contain both the Original Area GeoMetry(Primary) and the  Line Geometry(secondary)

Geomedia only shows the Primary geometry.

To see the resultant lines do a functional Attribute query of the secondary line geometry.

Roland

Staff

Ronald,

Yes, you are right. In my case I have done a selection set where I have eliminated original Geometry fields , and I display the centerline geometry. It seems that the problem is with all Geometry creation functions, so probably is since this integration with GeoMedia is the first build and hope to have a more robust/tesed integration on some HotFix.  I will open a ticket , but at this moment I still don't have customers working with Spatial Modeler on GeoMedia. We may need some examples integration With GeoMedia , the ones comes on Geoworkspaces\examples like CONVEXHULL has same problem . In general we would apreciate to have some more detailed guide on using some Geometry operations (diffferents on algoritm used on SELTON and CENTERLINE for example ) and operations like functional atributes creation that I've unable to configure. Maybe we can derive to another comunity post if your prefer and close this issue. 

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

We found internally a bug for the Run Spatial Model command of GeoMedia that sounds like it may be this one - a failure to properly perpetuate the primary geometry field designation.  We have already fixed it for our first planned Update to the 2018 release.  To make sure it's the same thing, I suggest either (1) filing a support ticket and sending the information to our support team; or (2) contacting me directly about the possibility of a prerelease that you could test yourselves.  - Hal

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.