Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Imagine Spatial Modeler. Can't use the clump operator

Does anyone have any tips on what input the 'Clump' operator requires in Imagines spatial Modeler. My goal is to remove all of the small pixel clumps in a classifiers outputs. 

I've tried several different raster types as inputs but get the error every time. 

Is there a specific raster type I should convert to to use this tool?

The error in the messages in Imagine given is;

LayerCreate failed (erdas::sb_builtin::LayerModelerOp::DoPostFileStep failed eimg_LayerStackCreate failed eimg_LayerCreateInternal fail)
Regular Contributor

Re: Imagine Spatial Modeler. Can't use the clump operator

Should be a single band thematic dataset. Does Clump work on the input file if you use it via the ribbon dialogue box?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

For examples of how to use Clump pop over to the Spatial Modeler Tutorials board

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Modeler-Tutorials/tkb-p/KS_SpatialModeler_Analytic...

..and search on "Clump" This'll give you a list of example models that include the Clump operator.

But as Johnnie mentions there's not much in the way of data requirement. Single band thematic data. Perhaps your data is structured in such a way that you are potentially generating billions of clump class values? I can see that might cause problems. Try a smaller subset first and see if that succeeds.

Cheers

Ian

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jonnie. Yes I tried it as a single band thmetic. No good. It turns out the file was too large it works with a smaller section of the image. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ian, spot on mate. It worked with a smaller section fo the image. 

I'll tile the image and run it in sections. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.