Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Intro to Spatial Modeler for GeoMedia users

Hi - We are about to run a 1/2 day introduction to Spatial Modeler for some of our GeoMedia users. Whilst we have some resources already, such as Basics of Spatial Modeler, I wondered if anyone has any materials they are able to share? The users are from water utilities, so primarily use vector data & some elevation data.

Thanks

Richard

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Intro to Spatial Modeler for GeoMedia users

Hello,

I would like to share 3 my spatial models - possibly covering water utilities people needs.

The first two " Contours from LAS"  generates contours from classified LAS point cloud. The third one generates the 3D profile features from "flat" 2D ESRI shape file lines. Please , change coordinate system in models from UTM35 to your system . The UTM35 is hardcoded for the reason my coordinate system EPSG3059 is not supported yet for surface and point cloud  data operators in Spatial models.

I believe much more could be done now in Water/Wastewater areas with Geomedia 2018 desktop Update 2  adding new operators:

• Join (Join Features operator)
  • Union (Union Features operator)
  • Aggregation (Summarize Related Features operator)
  • Buffer Zone (Create Buffer Zone and Create Buffer Ring operators)

Kind regards,

Ervins

Frequent Contributor

Re: Intro to Spatial Modeler for GeoMedia users

Thanks @Hal@ervins@shaun.falconerinternal for the materials shared here and via email. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.