Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

Issues with WorldView-3 Atmospheric correction

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am trying to create an spatial model that will allow me to preform an atmospheric correction on worldview-3 data. In the spatial modeler it seems that it is having issues recognizing the companion metadata for worldview3 which is a .imd file. Does anyone have experience preforming and ATCOR on WV-3 data? I am new to this program and it seems like the is limited resources available in terms of information. Any information or suggested workflows would be greatly appecaited!

Thanks for the help!

This is aslo my first time posting on a forum like this, if there are any suggestions that could help me pose a question here in the future, just let me now!

Technical Evangelist

Re: Issues with WorldView-3 Atmospheric correction

Hi cbmccann3,

Welcome to the discussion boards!

Do you have access to the .XML header file? That's working for me:

wv3.PNG

How many bands does your WV-3 image have? It must have 4 or 8 bands to work with Rapid Atmospheric.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

IMD is working for me too. So I do wonder how many bands your data has? Also, when you feed the raster stream to Rapid Atmospheric is it still u16? If not you'll need to convert it. If things still aren't working - what error message are you seeing? What does your model look like?

Oh, and what version of ERDAS IMAGINE? ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 2?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Hi cbmccann3,

since your are running a model and mention ATCOR I assume you are referring to ATCOR Workflow for IMAGINE.

Basically WV3 should work in ATCOR Workflow for IMAGINE reading the IMD as metadata as you have described.

https://www.geosystems.de/fileadmin/redaktion/Software/ATCOR_Workflow/ATCOR-Workflow-for-IMAGINE_Hel...

Please find documentation, Tour Guide and Example Data on our website

https://www.geosystems.de/en/products/atcor-workflow-for-imagine/download/

ATCOR Workflow for IMAGINE is a product of GEOSYSTEMS and supported through us or your local reseller.

Could you please submit a support incident regarding this to either of us.

I kindly ask you to provide us also the .log-file of ATCOR Workflow. It contains detailed information about the ATCOR process including warnings and error messages.  It is named after the input file and can be found in your ATCOR project folder (together with a calibration file ‚.cal‘ and a sub-folder ‚_Repository‘).

You can also add a screenshot of your spatial model after running it.

Thank you,

Eva

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.