Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Issues with WorldView-3 SWIR Atmospheric correction

[ Edited ]

I have a WV3 SWIR 8 band TIL file, and do not have ATCOR.  I only have Rapid Atmospheric in Spatial Modeler 2018.

How would I do this?  I cannot seem to get it to work with the IMD or XML file.

Does Rapid Atmospheric only work with the 8 band VNIR files for WV3?  Is there a data type issue with uint8 instead of uint16 for the SWIR bands?

Technical Evangelist

Re: Issues with WorldView-3 SWIR Atmospheric correction

Hi ael2014,

The Rapid Atmospheric operator only works with the WorldView-3 VNIR variant, not SWIR (as mentioned in the Help).

The algorithm used by Rapid Atmospheric (and Generic Atmospheric) operator relies on the presence of the visible (R,G, B) and NIR wavelength bands to be able to perform its processing. So SWIR data cannot be processed.There may be other ways to adjust to reflectance values with SWIR data, but I haven't played with it much myself. Perhaps there's others on the Community who can comment?

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

Re: Issues with WorldView-3 SWIR Atmospheric correction

The ATCOR Workflow for ERDAS IMAGINE product does support atmospheric correction of WorldView-3 SWIR data:

https://www.geosystems.de/en/products/atcor-workflow-for-imagine/features

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.