Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

Metadata Input Operator and Planet Data

Dear all

I just did a little test using the operator Planet Data Metadata Input with Planet data.

Capture.PNG

I saved the ouput in a json (attached) in order to understand it.

How Can I use that dictionary?
thank you very much

Regards
Giuseppe M.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Metadata Input Operator and Planet Data

I bet you are seeing contents of Imagine HFA information - so some part of this kind of information:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/5VsIDRDWkTIfq4xcVz8V4w/J2qvhMbLAnnnTf29SggjCw

All terms refer to sensor related information like a look angles, aquisition months etc. I have no clue what is hidden in "Bytes" row but "Dictionary" part makes sense - and maybe there is sensible values too.

So questions that raised to my mind is does "Bytes" contain something totally different or is it same information that is written in "Dictionary" row??

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

You can use the Dictionary Item operator to read the contents of a Dictionary and select specific values to pass on to the rest of your model. For example, you might extract Date/Time of image acquisition for use in atmospheric correction. Selected Item/Value pairs become output ports on the Operator.

DictionaryItem.png

metadata2.PNG

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

What is this "Dictionary" in this context? Is it same things you can read using Imagine HFA tool or some other sensor specific Metadata derived from satellite vendor files? Imagine HFA is Imagine own data format header/metadata information but is this Dictionary same or sometihing different?

Technical Evangelist

A Dictionary can be whatever you want it to be . It's simply a list of Item/Value pairs. If you are referrig to the one that can be read via the Raster Inptu opertor then it will most usually be the "stuff you see in Image Info", but it could be format-specifc as well. For example, the header information provided by a NITF format dataset is usually quite extensive and includes sensor-specifc information.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Brilliant explanation - thanks Ian

timo

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.