Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Restrict model to an AOI

OK, what am I missing here. I want to restrict processing and output to a defined AOI. Using AOI input and apply AOI before define processing area seems to work for the processing part, but not for the output area. Cheers, Johnnie

Anonymous

Re: Restrict model to an AOI

[ Edited ]

Hey Johnnie,

Did you look a this Spatial Recipe to see if it would help?  It shows how to output using a shapefile rather than an AOI but may give you some ideas?

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Spatial-Recipes/Subset-Image-by-Polygonal-Geometries-2016/...

Regular Contributor

I knew I'd seen something like that somewhere! That is pretty much what I want to do. However: 1)I liked the v15 overall parametres that allowed you to define a processing area for the whole model really easily - there's nothing that I can see like that in v16, and 2) the apply AOI function seems a little strange to me - shouldn't it ideally limit the output from that function to the bounding box of the polygons within the AOI rather than ouput a file size of the original dataset? 

Cheers,

Johnnie

Technical Evangelist

Hi Johnnie,

1. Define Processing Area operator replaces the old, global Processing Properties
  2. Rightly or wrongly that's the way AOIs have always worked. This is because the AOI file has a boundary which is independent of the geometries it contains (and is usually based on the extent of the image over which you created the AOI file). So the (default) intersection of the two inputs (raster and AOI created over the raster) is the extent of the raster (usually). If you want to limit the spatial extent you need to use the Inquire Box, snapped to the AOI geometry. This is why it's now better to use the Features-based geometry capabilities in Spatial Modeler for this type of task. Features adjust their extent to that of the selected geometries.

Cheers

Ian

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.