Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Suitability Analysis - Spatial Models

Hi,

Is there a suitability analysis spatial model that can run in GeoMedia?

Been working on some models but doesnt produce good results in GeoMedia. The Terrain Wetness indicator runs in ERDAS imagine but when modified for GeoMedi, doesnt produce any output also. The result is just a black outline on the View.

Staff

Re: Suitability Analysis - Spatial Models

What kind of suitability analysis are you interested in? We have a spatial model available that can be used to find helicopter landing zones based on land cover and terrain input files.

Helicopter Landing Zones

How did you modify the terrain wetness indicator spatial model? I do not experience any problems when running the terrain wetness model with GeoMedia’s Spatial Model Editor utility. Did you try running it with the sample DEM that is included with the terrain wetness model? Can you successfully preview the output raster in the Spatial Model Editor?

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Frequent Contributor

Hi Bent,

Yes the terrain wetnesss indicator runs in GeoMedia Spatial Modeler Utility separately, but when you try running it within GeoMedia interface using the Run Spatial Models command in GeoMedia, then it doesn't give a result. What could be the problem

Regards,

Kevin.

Staff

Hi Kevin,

We have replicated the erroneous results of the terrain wetness model when it is run in GeoMedia. If you could submit a support ticket for this problem we will continue to research the issue in an attempt to find a solution.

Thank you,

Stephen Bent

Frequent Contributor

Hello Stephen,

Thanks, though I've still been experiencing some issues with running raster based models in GeoMedia. When I run the Terrain Wetness, Urban Change Detection, and Helicopter Landing Zone models provided under the Spatial Recipes, my GeoMedia crashes indicating GeoMedia topped working. Running the same models in Spatial Model Editor utility and ERDAS IMAGINE works very well. Is someone experiencing the same problem? How do I resolve this?

The models that come with GeoMedia 16.2 also works very well, but the above three doesn't work.

Regards,

Kevin.
Staff

Hi Kevin,

The three spatial models you reference were built using ERDAS IMAGINE and intended to be used in ERDAS IMAGINE. GeoMedia may be missing a raster operator required to run these spatial models.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.