Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

autosync automatically ?

Hi, I want to know how to build a automatic image georeference model with spatil model, something like the autosync georeference workflow. But I do not find any autosync operator.

My problem is we had hundreds of images , and we had some reference images, we want to georeference them with the reference images automatically.

Thanks a lot.

Technical Evangelist

Re: autosync automatically ?

Hi landview,

IMAGINE Autosync does already provide the means to process hundreds of input images. You dont have to run the tool one image at a time. So there should not be a need to use Spatial Modeler (at least not for the purposes described). 

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that autosync can process lots of images once, but that process can only do that with the 2D Transform Models, such as affine/polynomial etc.

Our data are satllite data with RPC file. If I put more than one image into autosync , and select with specific sensor model,and select the rpc. All of the images will use the SAME RPC, this is wrong.

That's why I want to use the Spatial Modeler to solve this problem.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Landview,

That's not correct. In AutoSync you can pick a geometric model type to solve, but each model will be unique to each input image. So you can select to refine the RPC model type and it will update the RPC associated with each input image. Which of course assumes you have RPCs associated with each image - are the images already associated with RPCs, which would be the case with NITF or TIL formats? Or have you manually calibrated with the RPCs (which would be required for, say, DIMAP v2 formats)?  There really would be no point in being able to input multiple images only to use the same geometric model on each (OK - I guess there's possibly some very limited cases where that might be needed, but it's certainly not the intent of IMAGINE AutoSync to limit in that fashion).

If this isn't working for you I would suggest getting in touch with your local Support group to work through it.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian, My data are TIF with RPB file. I had already calibrated the tif file with rpb. And I also tried the worldview-2 til data ,import the TIL to img ,and process them with autosync. Which model I should select? If I select the sepcific sensor model, I had to select the geometric model and the RPC file or Open Exiting model file. Both of these two option have one problem, it can only select one rpc or model file for one image. How about the second , the third ... images? If I select the Same as Input Image (ROP/RPC), when I click the Solve Models, an ERROR shows "Invalid output geometric model". So I still do not understand that you said "you can select to refine the RPC model type and it will update the RPC associated with each input image".
Technical Evangelist

Hi Landview,

So long as your input data is already geometrically calibrated (which you state they are) then in the AutoSync Project Properties dialog you should be setting the Output Geometric Model Type to Same as Input Image (ROP/RPC). Like this:

autosync.PNG

Since for some reason that does not appear to be working for you I would recommend logging a Support ticket so that it can be investigated in more detail.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ian,

Thanks a lot.

I will submit a support ticket.

Best regards,

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.