Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Spatial Modeler

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MJH
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

convert gmd to gmdx

Is it possible to convert gmd files to gmdx files? I have tried this and I seem to be missing something. According to this post:

http://blog.hexagongeospatial.com/jump-start-spatial-models/

a gmd file can be converted to Spatial Modeler's gmdx file. 

Suggestions?

Thanks--

Regular Contributor

Re: convert gmd to gmdx

If you open .gmd files in the Spatial Modeler the operators will be converted to the new operators and you'll be able to save it as a .gmdx.

Personally, I find it easier to create a new .gmdx model from scratch using a .gmd as a reference as it doesn't import the .gmd very gracefully.

MJH
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I have since found that some of my models import properly and others don't. I'm still working on rebuilding one in Spatial Modeler that so far refuses to cooperate.

Technical Evangelist

Odd. Would it be possible for you to upload one of the GMDs that fails so we can take a look at it please? I dont think we've come across any that fail so far. If you're concerned about attaching it to this "public" forum, you could log a Support request instead.

Cheers

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

I agree original contributor - import at least was not perfect and more complex model you give less complete import is. I have not tested it recently but in previous versions this issue was visible. I agree with Ian - submitting problematic models to support is the only way Hexagon can improve import to work better.

So submit your model there and it will hopefully decrease import challenges with other users in future. In generally I see no need going back to old Model Maker as new one is way more capable.......after you learn how to get most out of it.

MJH
Occasional Contributor

I would be happy to upload the gmd that crashes Imagine 16 when I try to open it into Spatial Modeler. If I can figure out how to attach the gmd?

Technical Evangelist

I think you have ot Zip it first?

Ian Anderson
Chief Product Owner, Desktop Remote Sensing
Hexagon Geospatial
MJH
Occasional Contributor

I can certainly zip the file (it's all of 3kb) but so far I see buttons to insert images, videos, etc, but not just a file. Surely there is a simple way to do this?

???

Staff

[ Edited ]

There should be an Attachments section below the text box where you are typing your message. Click the Choose Files button to attach the ZIP file of your model.

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

attach.jpg

MJH
Occasional Contributor

2016-12-15_13-04-29.jpg

This is what I've got in Chrome and IE. Nothing else.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.