WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Consumer Portal 2018 (16.5) Locate Me tool - unsecured origin

[ Edited ]

Hi

I understood that for some browsers (e.g. Chrome),  Locate me only works with HTTPS.

However a HTTPS Consumer Portal instance doesn't have a working WMPS search - as WMPS service is only available via HTTP.

So seems that we are stuck here: if we want to have locate me tool working, the search will fail, if we want to have WMPS search working, the locate me will fail.

Is there a way to get WMPS working as HTTPs in Consumer Portal?

Cheers

Yuan 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer Portal 2018 (16.5) Locate Me tool - unsecured origin

[ Edited ]

I replied to Yuan through the support ticket logged.

For others, please check the updated article  my latest comment here:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS-Q-A/How-to-make-Consumer-Portal-working-with-HTTPS/...

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jan

Thanks for your comments, I have replied in the ticket.

Basically the solution you provided works, we could now use the HTTPs Backend Search service in a HTTPS enabled Consumer Portal site.

However the search pins don't display for the returned search results, did you manage it to get it working in your instance?

Cheers

Yuan

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I see the same behavior on my test bed. By checking the Developer Console, I could see that the PUT request to BackendWMPS returns error. Looks like another binding issue. I haven't been able to find the proper settings thus I attached the ticket to existing 'WMPS vs. HTTPS' entry in development's backlog.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial