WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Consumer Portal display WMTS - how to change display format from JPEG to PNG?

[ Edited ]

In AdminPortal I can add an WMTS data source to a workspace and make the workspace available to Geospatial Portal and Consumer Portal.

There is no setting in AdminPortal to choose the format for the WMTS (JPEG or PNG). Both Geospatial Portal and Consumer Portal seem to default to using JPEG.

With Geospatial Portal there is an configuration entry where I can override WMTS to use PNG instead of JPEG. (From memory under the web.config 'serviceQuirk' section for WMTS I can switch from jpeg to png for specific WMTS URL).

How do I do the same for Consumer Portal?

I've tried editing the starting_wsp.json and adding       "format": "image/png", to the WMTS dataset section. Didn't seem to get picked up.
e.g.

{
      "id": "75d0bf23-daac-5145-bcde-e9ac72d60e03",
      "legendItemDefinitionId": "Aerials",
      "service": "7c70df83-ac92-4d3f-ac55-a54b19de6e15",
      "format": "image/png",
      "transparent": true,
      "key": "Aerials"
    },

Didn't seem to make any difference.

if I leave as JPEG I end up with a big white area where the image should be transparent - switching to PNG corrects that.

example of WMTS with default JPEG showing white where it should be transparent:

Example WMTS with JPEG - transparent shows white.

WMS source is quite slow at present so want to switch to WMTS.

thanks

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Consumer Portal display WMTS - how to change display format from JPEG to PNG?

This is a known issue of the Consumer Portal (See CR#1-DWB32H)

Unfortunately there is no way to configure it to switch over to use PNG as long as the capabilities document advertises JPEG availability. A nasty bug that you can work around only by cutting down the available output formats in the capabilities document. You could try to prepare a static capabilities xml file just for this.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Consumer Portal display WMTS - how to change display format from JPEG to PNG?

Thanks - have logged SR to support that CR.

Will have a play with a static capabilities document.

Highlighted
New Contributor

HI to all

did you solve this problem with WMTS and Consumer portal? or did you find solution with static capabilities document?

All the best

Dušan