WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Customizing GetFeatureInfo window for WMS

Hi all,

I have a problem with customizing GetFeatureInfo window.

I need to make a window, similar to GetFeatureInfo, but I need to show only one attribute from GetFeatureInfo.

How can I excract only one thing from GetFeatureInfo?

Thanks,

Goran

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Customizing GetFeatureInfo window for WMS

Hi Goran,

I assume you are not changing/restricting the WebMap WMS to have only 1 attribute available (i.e. with the Display Field command from WebMap Publisher Administrator).

And I assume you are referring to the WMS GFI Window from Geospatial Portal -- You may be able to perform the customization (i.e. hardcoding) within one of the featureinfo xsl located here "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\<YourWMSInstance>\XMLTemplates"

Please see the "Configuring WMS" section of the GeoMedia WebMap Administrator Guide:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/u9P896rRc4dErjFmtmtV8Q/RryZtqIT6PySxZjNYnJnHQ

Configure WMS Feature Info HTML Output Theme

You can change and adapt the style (layout, colors) of HTML Feature Info response for WMS. Attribute featureInfoXslPath with default value "XMLTemplates/XmlToHtmlFeatureInfo.xsl" is defined for <WMSBasicOriginatingPipe> element in WMS service Web.config file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Frank

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Frank,

I have WMS/WMTS created in Apollo Essentials with layer that represent DTM.

Customer wants to have simple button for reading elevation info. Default GetFeature Info read data from Raster but in format that is not readable for all users

-------

<RasterLayerInfoResponse>

<Raster layer="DEM_DEM_5x5.img">

<RGB red="128" green="128" blue="128" />

<Raw>

<Band index="0" value="1149.21838" />

<Band index="1" value="255" />

</Raw>

<Point x="2078057.173978632" y="5293046.14209687" />

<Info name="DEM_5x5.img" timestamp="1545325026000" />

</Raster>

</RasterLayerInfoResponse>

-------

What we need to prepare is simple button for users that display only <Band index="0" value=" attribute for location where user click on the map

Thanks,

Goran

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Goran,

I don't know the answer to whether GFI Windows can be customized in APOLLO WMS/WMTS, it would be best for you to log an APOLLO support ticket so our APOLLO experts could help you out.

Regards,

Frank