WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Errors getting info from geomedia webmap service

Hello!

We have an intalation of Geospatial Portal 16.02 and Geomedia Webmap 16.02.

We are getting a lot of error similar to this one:

16] WARN Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice - Communication error. Will make one more attempt
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.Common.ServiceContracts.Services.IMapService.GetMap(Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 scale, ImageFormat imageFormat, String crsId, Range range, GetMapSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters, PropertiesDictionary properties)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.<>c__DisplayClass2d.<GetMap>b__2b()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.WcfMapServiceCaller.Call(WcfMapServiceCallDelegate call)

And at the same time, we have an error in the Event Viewer's Application's log:

Source: Map Server
Version: 16.00.0200.00004
Function GetFromLibrary
Error: 0x1
Error Description: Not available
Log File: No log file generated

We have not found under wich circustances does this error produces... Does anybody knows where to find more info about what could be happening?

Cheers!

Staff

Re: Errors getting info from geomedia webmap service

Some recomendations :

1) I hope you use a WMPS connection to a Publisher application. On that case it is good that once created service you try to initialize Publisher application using Publisher Service Source Configuration.Some times when I've seen these errors, the publisher service initialization fails.

2) If previous fail then try to go to a clean gws and create contents from Publisher application. check if it works fine

Sometimes I've seen that it depends of the order that you install GeoMedia and WebMap (and versions) , GeoMedia objets comes corrupted after a WebMap installation, if this is the case you will have problems in 1 or 2, and then you have to do a repair in GeoMedia.

I hope it can help.

Occasional Contributor

We have check those configurations and seems to works fine.

The main problem is that the services appears to works fine, until some moment that the error that I posted in the first post appears. Although the error is there, the services keep returning the info, but some times an error is returned.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

We have check that restarting the Geomedia webmap service, the error stops, for some time. After a time, the error starts again, without not predefined pattern...

Is there any way to know which is the event that starts causing the error?

Thank you!

Technical Evangelist

Two things you may want to check:

(1) How many webmap WMPS/WMS/WFS exist on this webmap server ?  How many of those are using Access mdb as metadata ?  Having too many Access metadata can cause serious OS stability issue (i.e. the little known Microsoft Access Limitation)

(2) Check all the Portal instances to make sure they all have their own AppPool (i.e. Portal123AppPool, PortalTestAppPool, WMSCountyAppPool etc), and make sure none of the Portal/WMPS/WMS/WFS applications are using the DefaultAppPool as AppPool --> this can cause some nasty IIS resource issue.

Thanks

Frank

Occasional Contributor

Thank you fmak!

We have three apps deployed, but only one is really in use (the other two are the WMPS demo apps, which are not being used). Anyway we are going to remove it from the instance to avoid problems with the access database. The app that is being used, uses oracle to store the metadata.

And related with the AppPools, we are already using one appData for each instance (and none of the is the default one)

Technical Evangelist

Any reason why you are still on v16.0 EP2 ?

Is that a SDK Portal instance ?

Is the gws for the WMPS fairly complicated ?

Is GeoMedia Desktop installed on the same WebMap server ?

Thanks

Frank

Staff

It seems that the cause can be that you have not unique identification of Warehouse connection and data access path for all published services and WebMap has problems when trying to get records from database that he thinks is cached, and is not cached.

Please check it, we also have a tool that do it, it scans all services metadata libraries and see if datasorce identification is unique in all services.

Occasional Contributor

Hello fmak,

Responding your questions:

We are still using v16.0 EP2 becouse we have many dependencies with other Intergraph/hexagon's product(such as networks portal or G/Tecnhology). Is not easy to update only the Geomedia Webmap.

The portal instance is a Networks Portal instance, wich is a common Geospatial portal with the Networks add-on.

I'm afraid with the workspace... We have such a complicated workspace. Inside the workspace we have the Webmap service and another 10 WMS services (from Networks services)... and we are using the categories to group many layers from distinct WMS services and WMPS service layers under the same folder... could this be a big trouble?

And the last one, yes, we have the Geomedia (Essentials) instaled in the same WebMap server. And also the portal is deployed in the same machine.

Today we have removed the demo apps from the Webmap service, and tomorrow will check if the performance is better.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello josep.fornons,

I don't know if I have understood well your explanation.

Now we only have an unique WMPS deployed in the server, and only one application deployed in this service. Inside the application we have connections to three warehouses, but we are sure that each of the warehouses has a distinct id (at least at the CONNECTIONS table of the metadata schema. If we have to check in some other place, tell me where...)

Thank you!