WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Filter for area for geoportal

Hello!
I need to publish gws-filtered data to a WMS service. When publishing, the filter is disabled.

How to do it?

Anna
Highlighted
Staff

Re: Filter for area for geoportal

The wms takes extension from active geomedia map view extensio on first publish, and this can be changed editing the map published (get active map window extesnion). This extension is reflected on capabilities xml.

Maybe this is not what you want since this only filter for a boox, and you may want to honor any area , on that case I think you have to create a façade with Geospatial SDI . I hope this helps

Highlighted
Staff

Just I wanted to say that actually the active GeoMedia filter is not inherit by WMS Publisher. Maybe is a good idea to pots on ideation board.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank! This is a good idea.

Anna
Highlighted
Contributor

I tried it, but not the active window is published, but all the data.

Anna
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Anna,

If you do a "Fit Layer" on this WMS legend under Portal, Portal should fit to this WMS BBOX (defined by the WMS metadata by the WebPub Admin).

Our WMS USSample demo uses Display Range for features like Counties to avoid displaying unwanted feature at full scale (i.e. States level).  For example, if you have a street label feature, it is not a good idea to display that at country/counties level.

Thanks

Frank