02-19-2019 05:18 AM
We have an NLB cluster in the customer's environment consisting of 5 webmap + portal servers. We were faced with the issue of creating one place for configuration files for these 5 servers. We would like to set up the startup composition (GPW) only in one remote location with access from each of the mentioned servers.
1. I log on to one of 5 servers,
2. I create a mapping composition in Administration Portal,
3. I send the GPW file to the selected portal instance creating the starting composition.
4. Each of the 5 servers has access to the confuguration file and the maps and geoworkspace directories.
Is it possible? And if so, what do we have to do? What would the configuration look like (web.configs another configuration files)?
What would the issue of access to files look like? Would it have a significant impact on the performance of such a solution?
02-19-2019 05:43 AM
Please start by reviewing this documentation part:
Then I suggest to check this topic which contains some valuable information from 'the field':
- The bug mentioned regarding the ASP.NET State Server is fixed in both 2016 and 2018 releases.
- Regarding the file URI issue - this can be worked around by manually changing the GPW uri, or using a mapped drive (instead of UNC path) in the mapStorageFolder attribute for AdminPortal's and each Portal instance's