WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia WebMap Mobile 2020 - Update1 (16.6.1)

Hi all,

While writing a document I noticed that an update for Geomedia WebMap was a new release. Incredible, the version came out today and I didn't even look at the date. 

Because it presents improvements and new options for WebMap Mobile I installed the update 1.

After that I can't use any Mobile Publisher command.

In the first two buttons the error is "Application Error - If you read this. something unexpected must have happend. Please restart the application. If it doensn't help please check the logs and contact your administrator". In the third button the message is - Core(Activate) - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Does anyone have any information about this situation.

Many thanks,

Best regards,

Jorge Coutinho Lopes
GIS Senior Consultant

AQUASIS – Sistemas de Informação, S.A.
Tel. (+351) 219 363 686
Quinta da Fonte – Ed. Q54 D. José – Piso 2
2770–203 Paço de Arcos – Portugal

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia WebMap Mobile 2020 - Update1 (16.6.1)

Hi Jorge,

Looks like an installation issue as we are not seeing any error with 2020 U1 WebMap Mobile Publisher.

Have you tried reinstalling WebMap 2020 U1 to see if that makes any difference ?

In the worst case scenario, you may need to follow this link below to fix the corrupted webmap installation:

I am hoping reinstalling WebMap 2020 and U1 will do the trick for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Frank
Highlighted
Staff

Hi Jorge,

Greetings for the day.

I found the same error while configuring the Webmap mobile 2020 update1. "Application Error - If you read this. something unexpected must have happend. Please restart the application. If it doensn't help please check the logs and contact your administrator". 

I've reconfigured the webmap without any errors & all other services are working fine.

If you find any solution for the above mentioned application error can u provide the solution.

Regards

VIPLAW

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi viplaw, when does the error occur?

Can you try to access the MobileBacked using, e.g. http://localhost/MobileBackend/mobilePublisher/configuration/metadata ?

Normally, it should ask for login credentials and then show a simple JSON response...

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Jan,

I 've tried with the http://in-gpsmmwdemo2/MobileBackend/mobilePublisher/configuration/metadata%20?

and not able to open any json form.. it's giving an error.(attached screenshot)

mobileapp_Error.PNG

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Please don't use the '%20?' at the end of the URL, the question mark belonged to the sentence Smiley Happy

Just try this URL: http://in-gpsmmwdemo2/MobileBackend/mobilePublisher/configuration/metadata

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Staff

Sorry Jan.....I have checked the Link ..it's opening simple Json form in the Browser 

But beofre that have reinstall the complete GMW & geomedia products for corrupted folders.

Now it's displaying layers in the GMWM.

Thanks

VIPLAW