WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

GeoSpatial Portal Toolbar Icons Disappear

[ Edited ]

image001.pngHi Everyone,

Hope somebody can shed a light on this.

Geospatial portal tool icons and top layer legend icons disappear every now and again.

And this only happens at one of our clients,we never had this issue before or at any other clients.

This happens every now and again , sometimes within the next day other times 2 weeks.

The only way to fix this is by stopping the app pool, deleting the cache in the app_data folder and restarting the cache.

There seem to be no errors indicating what the cause could be.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

We are using Geospatial Portal SDK 16.5 Update 1 same as all the other clients.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoSpatial Portal Toolbar Icons Disappear

Hi Jacques,

what happens if you connect to that portal instance from another machine or from another browser? Once I experienced a similar issue and clearing the browser cache solved the problem.

Pavel

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have a customer that it happens suddently. Some times cleaning browser cache is enough, but the only workaround that work allways is following:

1) Restart IIS on server

2) Go to server and clean .net framework temporary files of application pool from portal

3) Start again portal form a browser where you have cleaned cache.

It's very strange, but it seems that .net framework cache becames corrupted for some reasons ..

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply.

This is at one of our clients.

The Portal SDK instance is hosted on the server.

When thisoccures, it is not only on one client machine but all of them, cleaaring browser cache does not help , and if it would that will still be an issue cause there is a few hundred of them and not all of them is computer savvy enough to clear the local browser cache that would meen alot of admin.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Josep,

Thanks for the reply.

As mentioned, at our client it is enough to clear the portal sdk app_cache and restart the application pool and refresh browser cache.

Steps you mentioned we do when wmps icons dissapear.

I have tried everything, I just cant get a handle on it why portal toolbar icons dissapear.

I only occurs at this client and at random.

But it looks like the app_data cache gets corrupted or something, dont know.

Kind Regards

Jacques