WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Geomedia Pro 2015 Desktop: editing lrf file in Label rule Manager Geomedia Pro Desktop

Hi everybody

Is it possible to edit LabelWeb lrf file with Label rule Manager in a desktop ?

I want to give to some "system pilot" to possibility to edit the label rule with the Label rule manager.

It difficult without this interface to setup all the placement rules in PsPad.

I don't want to grant them to the GeoMedia WebMap server.

I readed that LabelWeb have a standalone version???

By the way, is it possible to create the initial lrf file without the GeoMedia WebMap Server ?

Thus, i will script something for reading the WPLegendEntries metadata.

Thanks

Technical Evangelist

Re: Geomedia Pro 2015 Desktop: editing lrf file in Label rule Manager Geomedia Pro Desktop

Hi Marco,

Yes, there's a tool for editing LRF files included in WebMap installation. It is little hidden though. It's called LRMngr-SA_VB03.exe and located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap\program.

This tool unfortunately does not allow to create a new rules but rather offers visual editor for existing ones. You have to create some basic LRF file structure and then you can start editing it with this tool. Sample LRF file is created for each WMS service source (WebMap Publisher Projects folder).

Please see this section of documentation.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Occasional Contributor

Re: Geomedia Pro 2015 Desktop: editing lrf file in Label rule Manager Geomedia Pro Desktop

Thank Jan for fast reply.

I've try this before but it doesn't work in standalone mode.

Do I need to install WebMap with the Geomedia Pro in the computer of  my pilot ?

What about licencing WebMap ?

Do I need just to have the product install wihtout use it and have a valid licence ?

Actually have have to create the WMS service in the server and it's not longer to create the initial lrf file.

Marco.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Marco,

What do you mean by a standalone mode?

• The tool is part of WebMap installation, GeoMedia desktop is not needed to run it.
  • My personal belief is that you shouldn't use any WebMap component, including LabelWeb Rule editor, without a proper license. It could be a violation of T&C's. Please read careful the license aggreement.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial