WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Geospatial Portal 16.5 halts at the loading page due to problem of get property registerPlugins

[ Edited ]

Hi

Our client has an environment with WebMap 16.5 installed. They have a couple of geospatial portal instances. They allow users to access portal instances from another environment with Window 7 SP1 installed and IE 11 with version below.

Orion 1.png

When browsing a fresh portal instance (out of the box), the portal just halts at the loading page, developer tools show the error below 

In IE11

2018-07-17 16_05_18-New Message - Hexagon Geospatial Community.png

Here is on Chrome

On Chrome.png

In IE11, all portals (anonymous + window authentication) are showing this problem. On Chrome,  my investigation shows that for the sites that have window authentication, they all show just fine. For anonymous site, it somehow shows the error. I also try to browse the problematic site with Chrome incognito mode and somehow it shows just fine.

I believe it is likely to be JavaScript timming issue on the component DataViewControl. Please note that I observe this issue on the client environment. I haven't observe this on my local environments (window server 2016, 2012R2 and window 10)

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas on how to fix the problem

Kind regards, 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Geospatial Portal 16.5 halts at the loading page due to problem of get property registerPlugins

[ Edited ]

Well, we have had some similar problems. 

We have a client, with a Windows Server 2012 R2 and a EnterpriseGIS portal customized (we call it PEGE) and client machines with Windows7 and Windows10.

We had some problems with JavaScript and iExplorer (v11 in this case), for example:

API.js error:

0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: 'console' is undefined

/* HELPER FUNCTIONS */

function warn() {
if (!isSet(console) || typeof console.warn !== T_FUNCTION) return;
console.warn.apply(console, Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments));
}

We had to try/catch this part on API.js due to Javascript on iExplorer didn't accept "console", but this problem never happend with Chrome!

We also had a lot of unhandled errors:

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property '$mapServiceDefinitionManager' of undefined or null reference

0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: 'Ext' is undefined

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'regCRSs' of undefined or null reference

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'find'

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'findIndex'

All this, are ONLY with Windows7 or 10, and iExplorer 11, in Chrome none of this errors happend... Why?

Well we have only found solution for some of them

console: try/catched that part, as is only a warning in console (portal keeps working)

method find and findIndex: we found that is a prototype array problem that iexplorer does not support that methods on Array object. So googleing we find a way to "add" this find and findIndex to prototype array at the init (add_init method) and now it works.

Here i leave you the links as examples:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Array/find#Polyfill
https://developer.mozilla.org/es/docs/Web/JavaScript/Referencia/Objetos_globales/Array/findIndex

Another "patches" was adding the portal "domine" to the iExplorer Compatibility View Configuration, so some of this problems disapeared too...

I have investigated if this errors happend with the Geospatial Portal Stub (v15.00.04 and 16.00.04) and it does not. All this errors come from our customizations and addons added to the portal, but is a iExplorer 11 + JavaScript problem, and maybe is similar to yours.

We also had some other issues with iExplorer over Windows7 amd 10, but this is a part from your problem, when using SVG images over WMPS Services... 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Geospatial Portal 16.5 halts at the loading page due to problem of get property registerPlugins

Thank you, bferrer for looking at this.

We're aware of the JavaScript console issue. However, I believe our issue is quite different because it also happens on Chrome which has Console statement valid. In our case,  by the time the line 

Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Controls.Plugins.DataViewControlManager.registerPlugins(["Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Controls.Plugins.DataViewControl.Plugins.BaseTools","Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Controls.Plugins.DataViewControl.Plugins.MapTools"]) is executed. The namespace Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Controls.Plugins.DataViewControlManager is undefined, this is strange because it is defined the Full-US.js script. So, it is likely a issue with loading script and executing JavaScript code.

We haven't get the bottom of this yet, but we found a work-around by switching the theme from the default theme (Hexagon2015), launch the portal which shows fine in both IE11 and Chrome and then switch back to the default theme. It starts showing ok.

We keep monitoring it.

Kind regards,