WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to enable Applications Pools on WebMap 2020??

I have installed WebMap Professional 2020 and I have followed instructions https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/nnybR~tZxbDITXWj2GgNxQ/uDIxOVnxHPUUsIo7i~O2xQ in order to create new map tools, I get the option to create, it says that creates successfully but when refresing the console I only see the default Application Pool. 

Based on this I supose that some requirement may be missed that don't allow the application pool be added to the list, and then I only can assign default application pool to new services, and everything works as previous versions of WebMap. Do you know where to look for full requirements ??, it is a bug ??, The operating system is Windows 2012 

Technical Evangelist

Re: How to enable Applications Pools on WebMap 2020??

This was logged as a support ticket and it turned out to be a combination of two problems - the installation was missing AdminPortal and Backend instances, and some of the Windows features (likely WCF HTTP Activation). I've created two new KB articles on the topic:

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial